Crosscultural Communication in English
"Culture does not change because we desire to change it. Culture changes when the organization is transformed – the culture reflects the realities of people working together every day." – Frances Hesselbein
- There is no best culture. No right or wrong culture. All cultures are okay. They are just different.
- Do you have an unconscious bias toward a culture?
- You can’t change the culture when you visit a country
- Five Cultural Dimensions to explore: a. Independent vs. Interdependent, Egalitarianism vs. Status, Risk vs. Certainty, Direct vs. Indirect, Task vs. Relationship
- The trainer will talk to SAP and write practical role plays and case studies based on SAP needs.
- High text and low text cultures
- In what areas do we see culture clash?
- A formula for success: awareness of other cultures, observe, ask questions, and adapt and modify.
- Effective ways to deal with hierarchy
- How to recognize who is just telling you want to hear. How to tell if a yes is really a yes
- Saving facing and losing face in business relationships
- Appropriate and inappropriate topics for conversation
- How to persuade others in different cultures
- Implications for virtual communication
- What cultures are likely to speak up during your meetings and training programs?
- Profiles on requested countries to make travel and work there easier
- Why do some cultures embrace risk?
- Are you able to transcend your cultural limitations?
- An opportunity to practice role plays
- Feedback from the trainer and an Action Plan
Date: The seminar will be open after your request.
Consultant: Jorge Cooper
Venue: Prague 5, Drtinova, Impact Hub
Duration: 2 days
Schedule: 9 am - 5 pm
Price: 14.000 CZK (+ VAT)
Please send your registration to a responsible person for Open seminars: Kateřina Fořtová (email@example.com)